Released on January 12, 2022 (v12.2)
Welcome to the first New Year release. We'll start with a new feature that brings easier and faster ways to work with folders and collections: Pinned items. This version also contains other comfort updates and fixes.
Pinned items are especially useful when:
- Building image/document Collections for a project and there is a need to move between specific folders and Collections many times while building that Collection or Collections. A good example: you’re building out all the images and documents for a new marketing campaign. You create a Collection called “Feb 2022” and pin it so it’s available to drop images on until that campaign has all the images needed. (Note: While the items pinned is visible only in your quick access area above the folders tree, the Collection itself can be visible to your team.)
- There is a folder or Collection you go to very often.
- Because they’re very easy to pin and unpin, if you’re working in a given folder or two for the day, pin it so it’s there all day.
- They help remember the areas recently worked in.
Facts of note for pinned items
- The setup of pinned items is individual for each user.
- Sets can be pinned as well as Folders.
- Sub-folders/sub-collections do not display (for ease of use).
- Files can be dropped to the pinned elements.
- Items can be pinned and unpinned at anytime.
- Go to the source element in the tree by clicking the pinned item.
- There are no restrictions on the number of elements, but the height of the section is limited and a scrollbar appears.
Recommendation: It is better to monitor the number of fixed elements. The number can be unlimited but best to leave only the essentials.
Note: There is no quick access (aka Pinned Items) section in the left panel until the first item is pinned.
- Fixed an upload issue for large files.
- Dashboard button added to the left panel.
- Fixed support of .m4v.
- Backend config option for custom text for the Email Address field on the Sign-in page.